Sunday, September 23, 2012

Our Unchanging God

Yesterday I visited one of my married daughters and my infant grandson. We had such a sweet time of catching up on each other's lives. I also got to feed my grandson, hold him, and play with him. He rewarded me with so many precious smiles. I am a blessed mother and grandmother.

Yet, as I had worked on my laundry two days earlier I remarked to my husband about how weird it was to only have three people in the house. My two daughters are both married with babies, so there is only my son left. While these types of changes are expected and welcomed as your little clan becomes larger, I miss the day-to-day exchange between my girls and me.

But life is constantly made up of changes. They can be good like weddings, births, finishing school, and getting a job. Or, they can be bad like divorce, death, ill health, or losing a job. We can't escape change.

Some people love change; most would rather avoid it. I'm one who really hates change. I love the familiar, the security of it, and the pleasure of it. So change does not come easily. But in a world of change how can someone like me find something to hang onto, something that will never change?

Thankfully, we have a God who will never change.

Hebrews 13:8 (KJV)
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.


He can be our security, the anchor on which we can build our lives. This means we can trust in what He says, too. So all of the promises in Scripture are there for us to grab.

Hebrews 13:5 (KJV)
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

We can rely on Him to get us through whatever may come our way if and only if we believe in Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Why wouldn't you want to have this kind of security?

No comments:

Post a Comment